Saturday, February 20, 2010

portraits



I took this portrait of a philosophy professor here at school for an AIGA event going on in a few weeks...digital - I decided to go black and white because behind him was a red painting that while I was taking the picture seemed like a good idea, but once I took it into lightroom...I realized that it was too overpowering and somehow reflected a lot of red onto his face...




these last two pictures were from a roll of film I took over Christmas break that I finally developed after the darkroom at school got set up...I love film.

2 comments:

  1. you call it film...i call it stored creative energy...db

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very dramatic! I love film as well. Nothing like going to the darkroom and developing your film, seeing your own works come alive in the photos. I'm glad you chose black it white too, for some reason I really like b&w photography!

    ReplyDelete